Tuesday, August 2, 2011

25 before 26.


Last Saturday I turned 25.

I'm officially a quarter-century old. I'm one-fourth of the way to 100. I'm a quarter past one. And before I let this year pass—and I turn 26, which has no moniker and is therefore not as cool—I have a few tasks to cross off my to-do list. Ready for 'em?

25. Go to beach at least three times. Seeing as I live in North Carolina, this should be no sweat.

24. Mail birthday cards, holiday cards, anniversary cards, and any other type of card on time to my dear family and friends. A 25 year old should be able to do this.

23. Improve my golf game. I don't need to be good. I just don't want to embarrass myself.

22. Take more pictures. Sure, I take lots of photos of stuff, but Mr. D and I have about, oh, eight pictures of us together. One for every year we've been dating/married. We need at least two this year.

21. Go on a hike. I don't know if I've ever been on an actual hike. How can that be?

20. Go fishing at least five times. Have I ever told you how much I love to fish? Love it.

19. Find a four-leaf clover.

18. Leave more comments on other people's blogs.

17. Restore furniture. I had a great time redoing our dresser and nightstand, and now that I've rested, I'd like to start another project.

16. Run a 10K. I'm a wimp. I'm a terrible runner, but this year I'm bound and determined to get better.

15. Start a photography project. I have one in the works with my good friend Lauren, and I can't wait to get it started.

14. Tackle more sewing projects.

13. Adopt more animals. Mr. D and I would like to adopt a dog this year, and I think I want another cat too. Walt wants some pals, and who am I to say no?

12. Watch less TV. Mr. D and I are notorious TV watchers, and I'd like to kick the habit this year.

11. Do more yoga.

10. Cook and bake different recipes more often. I have lots of cookbooks, and I want to use them.

9. Buy less stuff. I'm sick of weeding out the junk from our home, so I vow to buy less lotions, makeup, clothes, jewelry, etc. this year.

8. Attend at least four weddings.

7. Grow a garden. I really wanted to start one this year, but moving wiped me out. I just didn't have the energy. Plus, I have no clue what grows here in North Carolina. I plan to do my research this winter and start one next spring.

6. Explore North Carolina. As a midwesterner, I've never really been around mountains or the ocean before, and I feel it's my duty as a transplant to make the most of the scenery.

5. Read these 100 books.

4. Be more patient.

3. Celebrate two years of marriage to the funniest, kindest man I know.

2. Find a job that's both fulfilling and fun.

1. Better appreciate what's been given to me.

Think I can handle it? As soon as I complete a task, I'll let you know. I have a feeling 26 is going to be a pretty good year.

Oh, and that picture is of me on my fourth birthday. And, yes, I am wearing a shirt with two kittens on it. What's it to ya? It was in style then. Trust me. 

2 comments:

  1. From Iowa- I will help you accomplish #8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look quite adorable in your kitty cat shirt!!

    ReplyDelete