Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's in my makeup bag?

Before I dive in, I'd like to state for the record that I am NOT a makeup expert. (I leave that to my 15-year-old sister. She knows everything there is to know about makeup. Did I mention she's only 15?)

But I've found a few trusty products that work for me, and I rarely deviate.

My main makeup requirement: stayputness. (No, that's not a word. Yes, I think it should be.) My face repels makeup. Eyeshadow, eyeliner, and blush are gone in a matter of seconds. Don't ask me whyit's a mystery. These products stay in place the longest (or at least until I leave work at 5:30).




1. Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste ($26): Covers up the bags under my eyes every day. 
2. M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish ($28): I'm not a fan of foundation. I hate feeling like I have something covering my face, so I stick with powder. This one adds just a hint of sparkle without making you look like a disco ball. 
3. M.A.C Fluidline ($15): I struggled with eyeliner for a long time. Nothing stayed in place. But I have to tell you—this stuff DOES NOT budge. (Thank you, M.A.C geniuses.) It takes a bit to get used to applying eyeliner with a brush, but it's worth it. I have it in every color. 
4. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner ($19): I use this stuff by itself or under eyeshadow as brightener. 
5. Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo ($17.50): I'm not too picky when it comes to eyeshadow, and I rarely wear any during the day. But I do love Clinique's duos. 
6. Buxom Lash ($18): This stuff is great. Goes on smooth, covers completely, and lets you apply multiple layers. 
7. Benefit Cosmetics Benetint ($28): This. is. the. best. blush. ever. The end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment